Mar 13, 2008

Betting The Bank: Who needs roster diversification?

I play in four different NL-only roto leagues. Two are keeper salary leagues and two are one-year draft leagues. I just finished the second of one-year draft leagues last night and looking across those two rosters, plus the keepers I have heading into the auctions in my other leagues, here are the players I own on THREE out of FOUR teams:
  • Andre Ethier
  • Ryan Zimmerman
  • Franklin Morales
  • Brett Myers
  • Lastings Milledge
  • Matt Kemp
  • Chris B. Young - OF
  • Conor Jackson

If most of this set of eight players does well in 2008, I'll be looking pretty good. If most of them tank, I'm toast!

I'm a very strong believer in most of these guys, it's no coincidence I've covered each of them as breakout candidates in the Under 27 Up-and-Coming Hitters series.

The fact that I own Franklin Morales in so many leagues is more indicative of the way the two one-year drafts went. In each of these leagues I got through about 15-16 rounds not feeling too great about my starting pitching, so I figured I needed to draft for more of high-risk / high-reward pitchers.

No comments: